As a seller, what items should you leave behind for the buyer when you move out of your home? Here’s a list of key items and things to consider.
1. Leave a key for every door. This includes any outdoor buildings, sheds, or padlocks that are on the property.
2. Leave your garage door remotes.
3. Leave the keyless code for garage entry.
4. Leave any warranty paperwork. Remember to leave behind receipts for repairs and instruction manuals for any of the items in your home.
5. Leave building materials. Some buyers will not want these items. Which brings us to the next point.
6. Ask buyers if they want certain items. This includes paint, building materials, shelving units, and big pieces of furniture that are difficult to remove.
7. Wipe down appliances and countertops.
8. Sweep and vacuum.
9. Leave a note about the neighborhood and neighbors.
10. Leave a bottle of wine, a wine opener, and a nice note. If you have had a very positive experience with the buyer so far, this can be a good way to foster further positivity.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.